Image: A row of modern, multi-family dwellings.
Housing Supply Challenge Support Program
Develop your innovative housing supply solution with Evergreen
Everyone deserves a safe and affordable place to call home. To help foster innovation in housing supply solutions, the Housing Supply Challenge, led by the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), encourages residents, stakeholders, and experts from across Canada to propose innovative solutions that help break down the barriers that limit new housing supply.
The first Challenge Round – Data Driven – invites applicants to submit data solutions or methodologies that improve the collection, sharing, analysis and integration, and/or presentation of data that provides decision-makers with better information to make housing supply decisions.
The Data Driven Round of the Housing Supply Challenge was launched on October 23, 2O2O by the Hon. Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development; followed by a Q+A session with CMHC President & CEO Evan Siddall and CMHC VP of Innovation Steffan Jones (Watch the video).
Initial applications for the Data Driven round are due on January 20, 2021 2pm EST.
How Evergreen can help
The Housing Supply Challenge Support Program, run by Evergreen, supports applicants of the Housing Supply Challenge by providing guidance, mentorship and the resources needed to develop and improve their submission.
Evergreen is providing support through the initial (Stage One) and final (Stage Two) application process:
Stage One: Initial Submission Support for potential applicants
Submission deadline: January 20, 2021.
- Contact us with questions about the Stage One application process and the elements of the Support Program
- Watch this webinar to learn more about the application process and data-specific considerations for the Data Driven round
- Access relevant resources, including our design-thinking modules to better hone in on your problem scope and start framing your solution to get to build lasting solutions that address the root of the problem
Stage Two: Final Submission Support for successful Stage One applicants
Submission deadline: September 2021
- Contact us with questions about the Stage Two application process and the elements of the Support Program
- Participate in workshops that will help focus and refine your initial submissions and provide guidance on implementation
- Meet with experts ideally matched to you and your project, who will provide guidance on improving your final submission
Key Dates for Stage One
Tuesday, November 3, 2020 I 1:30–3:00pm: Data Driven Round Virtual Information Session
- This informative session and Q&A period was an opportunity to hear further details about the Housing Supply Challenge’s Data Driven Round, and highlight key dates and information relating to the application & evaluation process.
- Watch the video
Tuesday, November 24, 2020 I 1:30pm: Data Driven Round Virtual Collaboration and Networking event.
- In this session, potential applicants were able to meet other industry experts and sector partners to create and package a comprehensive proposal for the Housing Supply Challenge Data Driven Round.
- More details available soon.
Thursday, December 10, 2020: Data Driven Round Virtual Technical Information Session
- Join this informative session to learn and inquire about the data-specific considerations of the Housing Supply Challenge Data Driven Round. CMHC’s data team will be on hand to answer your questions and provide guidance on data governance, privacy and more.
- To register, please fill out this form. If you experience difficulty viewing the form, contact us at 416-640-1610 or HSCSupport_Data@evergreen.ca
Wednesday, January 20, 2021
- Initial application submission for the Data Driven round. Submit an application via Impact Canada
Frequently Asked Questions
Information about the Housing Supply Challenge.
Application Guide for Data Driven Round
Download the application guide, review key dates and fill out your initial submission.
Housing Supply Innovation Resources
A one-stop-shop for housing solutions, including profiles of innovative solutions, problem-scoping and solution-framing guides, and more!